GEN103 and GEN104 review Algebra content and math study strategies with curriculum specifically designed for entry-level University of Louisville mathematics courses for non-STEM majors (GEN103 for the MATH 105 and GEN104 for MATH 111 or a MATH course other than MATH 105).
Students receive 1 hour of college credit (elective credit only) for GEN103 or 104.
GEN103 and GEN104 meet 2 days a week for 50 minutes sessions..
Course components include the following:
- Computer-aided nstruction based on individual need.
- Topics required for entry-level mathematics courses.
- Both face-to-face and e-mail communication.
- Homework, both online with computer software and in a printed course pack.
- Mini-lectures and peer group work.
- GEN103 and GEN104 are open-ended; students can complete their required course curriculum and demonstrate mathematics competency through COMPASS testing at any time.
- A student who is unable to demonstrate competency in one semester will be required to register again for GEN103 or 104 for a subsequent semester and until the student has achieved the competency.
- Students can test for possible placement into entry-level math courses throughout the semester.
Questions about GEN103 or 104: Please contact Jonathan Watkins, Coordinator, GEN 103 and GEN104, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 852-8099.