GEN104 for College Math
GEN104 reviews Algebra content and math study strategies with curriculum specifically designed for entry-level University of Louisville mathematics courses for STEM majors (which require MATH 111 or a MATH course other than MATH 105).
Students receive 1 hour of college credit (elective credit only) for GEN 104.
- GEN 104 meets 2 days a week for 50 minutes sessions.
Course components include the following:
- Computer-aided instruction based on individual need
- Topics required for entry-level mathematics courses
- Both face to face and email communication
- Homework, both online with computer software and in a printed course pack
- Mini-lectures and peer group work.
- GEN 104 is open-ended; students can complete their required course curriculum and demonstrate mathematics competency through COMPASS testing at any time.
- A student who is unable to demonstrate competency in one semester will be required to register again for GEN 104 for a subsequent semester and until the student has achieved competency for the first appropriate general education mathematics course required for the major.
- Students can test for possible placement into entry-level math courses throughout the semester.
For more information about GEN 104 and COMPASS testing, please see the GEN104 Flyer.
Questions about GEN104: Please contact Jonathan Watkins, Coordinator, GEN 104 @ email@example.com or 852-8099.